Event Date: May 30, 2019
Date: May 30, 2019, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Holiday Inn Toronto – Yorkdale, 3450 Dufferin St. Toronto
Who Should Attend?
This conference will be of interest to all health professionals, health care administrators, health system planners, students and older adult/family caregiver advisory group members whose work is linked to geriatric medicine and geriatric psychiatry services.
- Understand the history of Geriatric Medicine and Geriatric Psychiatry as sub specialties in the care of frail older adults.
- Understand the nature of multimorbidity in the context of late life mental illness and dementia.
- Learn about and practice using the concept of a ‘geropsychiatry integration continuum’ to identify strengths, gaps and opportunities in service development.
- Understand diverse approaches to service integration.
- Consider development of service integration from a knowledge to practice perspective.
- Sophiya Benjamin, MBBS, FRCP(C), DABPN, Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry (GPT) in the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Neurosciences McMaster University.
- Sandra Easson-Bruno, RN, MN, GNC(C) Director, North Simcoe Muskoka Specialized Geriatric Services Program
- Goran Eryavec, MD, FRCP(C), Geriatric Psychiatrist and Head of the Memory Clinic, North York General Hospital
- Barry Goldlist, MD, FRCP(C), Geriatrician, Sinai Health System and UHN Hospitals
- Katrina Hill, RN, BScN, NP-PHC, Seniors Outpatients Services, St. Joseph’s Care Group
- Joanne Ho, MD, FRCPC, MSc, Assistant Professor, Divisions of Geriatric Medicine & Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Medicine, Schlegel Clinical Research Scientist
- Lisa Petersen, Manager, Specialized Geriatric Services, St. Joseph’s Care Group
- David Ryan, PhD, CPsych, Director of Education & Knowledge Processes, Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Mary Lynn Peters, RN, BScN, MS(c), Medical Psychiatry Alliance, Trillium Health Sciences
- Tegan Sacevich, BSc MD FRCPC Geriatric Psychiatrist, St. Joseph’s Care Group
- Ken Shulman, MD, SM, MRCPsych, FRCP(C), Geriatric Psychiatrist, Affiliate Scientists Hurvitz Brain Sciences Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Richard Shulman, MD, SM, FRCP(C), Geriatric Psychiatrist, Medical Psychiatry Alliance, Trillium Health Sciences
- Dallas Seitz, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Division Head, Geriatric Psychiatry, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Queen’s University, Providence Care – Mental Health Services Preliminary Program
- Welcome and Introduction – We drive into the future with our eyes on the rear view mirror
- History of geriatrics and geriatric psychiatry in Canada
- On the multimorbidities associated in late life mental illness and dementia
- On a continuum of geriatric/psychogeriatric service integration
- Service Presentations and Integration Ratings Discussion: GeriMedRisk – An OTN enabled nonprofit interdisciplinary geriatric pharmacology and psychiatry consultation service
- Medical Psychiatry Alliance at Trillium
- NYGH Seniors Care Program
- North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN Geropsychiatry Service Integration
- Specialized Geriatric Services in the North West: Evolving toward an Integrated Geriatric Medicine and Geriatric Psychiatry Model at St. Joseph’s Care Group
- Reflections on the Service Integration Continuum
- Using a Knowledge to Practice Framework to build sustainable change from each current state
- Integration from the perspective of older adults
- Competency Based Health Professional Education and Service Integration